Complete control over print, copy, scan and fax
PaperCut's print management software has helped over 30,000 organizations reduce their print costs and their environmental impact. PaperCut MF allows businesses of any size to manage all copying and printing produced across their entire multifunctional copier and printer fleets using a single low cost software application.
PaperCut MF provides integration with Toshiba MFDs, enabling the tracking and billing of “off the glass” copying, faxing and scanning. The solution uses Toshiba devices’ built-in touch screen to provide a rich set of application features for walk-up copier, fax and scan usage, including:
- End user authentication including integration with single sign-on environments such as Active Directory, Open Directory, eDirectory, LDAP and others
- Optional proximity and swipe card authentication (via USB based card readers)
- Mobile print release
- Group-based access control to the device and color copying
- Monitoring and control of photocopying (quotas, charging, allocation and logging)
- Allocation of usage to accounts/departments/cost-centers/projects
- Releasing print jobs from a hold/release queue (secure printing)
- Direct TCP/IP network connection with selected 3rd party hardware terminals, enabling user authentication and access via common card formats including: magnetic stripe ("swipe") cards, proximity cards, barcode cards and smart cards
- Embedded applications that run directly on a multifunctional device, enabling single sign-on using existing domain infrastructure (on selected devices).
Traditionally copier control has been the domain of expensive and proprietary hardware based solutions such as copier coin boxes or external hardware copier control terminals. Over the years the ratio of print to copy has substantially shifted towards printing. It's become difficult to justify the cost of expensive hardware solutions to track and control off-the-glass copier use. This all changes with PaperCut MF!
PaperCut MF takes a software based philosophy to this space by building upon PaperCut's core print management and control software. Their software has been developed over ten years under an innovative release-often development philosophy. It's 100% cross-platform supporting Windows, Mac, Linux and Novell on both the server and workstation. Through brand new software support via selected hardware partners, PaperCut has been able to bring a software centric culture to this traditional copier control space.
Some benefits of this approach include:
- Cost effective software based licensing
- A system which is easy to self-manage, install and maintain
- A focus on integration with existing network services
- Rapid innovation through software update cycles